Saturday, November 28, 2009

Chimay Still Loves Me: Series 1 & 2

Fact: Belgium Chimays are some of the tastiest beers in the world. They're brewed by Trappist monks. I've had all 3 varieties; Red, White and Blue...or so I thought. While writing this post I discovered there's a 4th! Apparently it's only available locally and reserved as a patersbier for the Trappist monks. I now have a new goal in life, and it will be a special day when I get my claws on a chalice of that elusive Black Chimay.


These 2 paintings were done earlier this year and are from a series titled, 'Chimay Still Loves Me'. The above is from an east side gallery show I was involved in, and the below was commissioned by Quan and Angela Ha - fellow admirers of the Chimay legacy.


7 Comments:

Blogger Red Headed Devil said...

can you make one for me that says: "rogue dead guy still loves me"? kthxbuhbai

11/29/2009 1:25 PM  
Blogger MondayMorgue said...

How about a Red Headed Devil instead.

11/29/2009 7:24 PM  
Blogger g1toons said...

nice illo it was cool seeing you at the CTN expo

12/02/2009 4:55 PM  
Blogger MondayMorgue said...

Hey Leon!

12/02/2009 5:05 PM  
Anonymous monica said...

I love this beer! Just had it 4 first time a week or so ago. And I'm not really a beer drinker. love your drawinz.

12/04/2009 9:18 PM  
Anonymous Essay said...

Thanks for sharing, your blog is worth reading, nice post. Keep it up.

12/24/2009 6:14 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

love belgian beers! like to own one of these paintings someday... how about a trade?

1/11/2010 9:15 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home