Wednesday, September 27, 2006

Flappahs!


Who doesn't love drawin' wildly costumed figures. Dave's got this class he instructs every few weeks at work w/ festively garbed models. I thought I'd be an obnoxiously modern artist and try figure sketching w/ my tablet - it was pretty fun, then my battery began to run low. Surrre I could bring my power adapter, but seeing everyone else w/ their charcoaled fingers, barrage of pencils and rustling paper made me a bit envious.
This was a five minute sketch, then I touched it up a bit later.
Done...digitally.

8 Comments:

Blogger Jenny Lerew said...

That's a beauty. : )

10/01/2006 11:26 AM  
Blogger MondayMorgue said...

gracias jenny, the more I look at her though, I think hmmm....she kinda looks like a man in drag.
hey maybe that's a good idea for dave's next model. ;0

10/01/2006 2:16 PM  
Blogger Scott Wright said...

Very nice!

10/02/2006 8:36 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

nice job! I can't believe you did that in 5 minutes! now let's see what you can do in THREE. :)

10/04/2006 7:16 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am digging this man, such beautiful shapes and curves. Hehe - "obnoxiously modern"; that's the way to do it. Let 'em eat cake. Great stuff!

10/05/2006 1:50 PM  
Blogger Young Vo said...

i think she hot... in manly way.

10/08/2006 9:40 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

really nice man. you can get such a nice line with the tablet, huh? what kind of tablet do you have? I never thought of carrying one into a class, but now... hmm...
and no messy fingertips! ;)

10/10/2006 9:55 AM  
Blogger MondayMorgue said...

hey brian, it's the toshiba portege 400, it has some nice pressure sensitivity, the only draw back with taking it to class is you can't draw big!

10/14/2006 11:55 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home