Saturday, March 11, 2006

Los Skaters de Barcelona...





Here's some thumbnail-sketches of skateboarders at a wide, flat, concrete park in Barcelona next to Sants Station. There were about 50 or so kids having a grand ol' time there right up until dark. I sat on a long bench and watched until I saw an interesting pose, then would quickly draw it. I felt like Jane Goodall studying chimpanzees...an outsider able to get a glimpse into the rituals of some mysterious group. Then a young man walking by asked me if I'd like to buy some chocolate. I politely declined(thinking it was peculiar), later learning that that's another name for hashish. Huh, well there you go.

7 Comments:

Blogger willipino said...

sweet sketches. i like the bottom page. they look like cave paintings.

3/13/2006 11:07 AM  
Blogger Insertname said...

Excelent!!!
Like it a
Lot!!!
Original all the way!!!

Arno

3/13/2006 11:52 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Very coool sketches!

3/13/2006 12:31 PM  
Blogger Sean Szeles said...

Skate or die dude! Not very risky, but great sketches!

3/13/2006 1:26 PM  
Blogger Jeremy Bernstein said...

bravo morgan bravo!

3/14/2006 11:57 AM  
Blogger samacleod said...

That's great! Beautiful sketches. Post pictures too! pretty landscapes

3/15/2006 4:09 PM  
Blogger chris chua said...

nice stuff Morgan! Wish I had more time to sketch in Spain myself. Can't wait to see more.

3/15/2006 11:22 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home